What is bonding?
Tooth bonding is used for a variety of purposes:
- Correcting a tooth gap
- Covering discolorations
- Repairing chipped or cracked teeth
Bonding takes approximately 30-60 minutes in a single visit to our office. There are four main steps to the bonding procedure:
- We select a shade of composite resin that is as close as possible to the shade of your teeth.
- A liquid is then applied that helps the bonding material adhere to the teeth.
- The composite resin is applied to the teeth, smoothed into the desired shape and hardened with a high intensity light.
- After the resin has hardened, a few final touches are made and the teeth being treated are polished until they resemble the other teeth.